3. Professional Guidelines:
How would (or would not) this situation relate to the IIMC Code of Ethics?
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MUNICIPAL CLERKS CODE OF ETHICS:
Believing in freedom throughout the World, allowing increased cooperation between Municipal Clerks and other officials, nationally and internationally, I do hereby subscribe to the following principles and ethics which I affirm will govern my personal conduct as a member of IIMC:
1. To uphold constitutional government and the laws of my community;
2. To so conduct my public and private life as to be an example to my fellow citizens;
3. To impart to my profession those standards of quality and integrity that the conduct of the affairs of my office shall be above reproach and to merit public confidence in our community;
4. To be ever mindful of my neutrality and impartiality, rendering equal service to all and to extend the same treatment I wish to receive myself;
5. To record that which is true and preserve that which is entrusted to me as if it were my own; and
6. To strive constantly to improve the administration of the affairs of my office consistent with applicable laws and through sound management practices to produce continued progress and so fulfill my responsibilities to my community and others.